Partitioning SD Card - few questions.

Last Updated:

1. patpending

patpending Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I've been reading up on partitioning my SD Card for the Apps 2 SD functionality.

Few n00b questions to clear up if I can!

1) Once partitioned, I believe that all app data will be able to be installed on the SD, as opposed to leaving a few hundred KB's on the internal? If I make a direct copy of all SD Card contents, partition the SD, and copy back, will the App's still appear 'as normal', or is a fresh backup/install requried?

2) If the answer to the first question is that I CAN simply copy back to the SD, can I then use the "Move to Phone" and "Move to SD Card" options to move ALL of the app data, including the original few hundred KB's originally on internal?

Feel like a douche asking these :p just can't quite get my head around it trawling through the other threads.

Cheers!

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Well you need a Rom with a2SD+ functionality first.

You would need to move everything internal then backup with titanium, flash the Rom, then restore.

Probably best to start fresh.

a2SD+ makes the partition appear as internal memory to android so you don't move anything. You just install apps and it automatically uses ext.

App cache remains internal but dalvik cache is on ext too.

3. patpending

patpending Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That makes soo much more sense now!

Would MacLite V1.0 support A2SD? I guess I have a myriad of other ROM's I've downloaded over the past few months so it wouldn't make too much difference.

So basically backup, partition, re-flash ROM and go?

And once partitioned, is there a special process I need to follow for adding music + pics back onto the card? Or the good ol' "Drag and Drop" still applies?

Cheers :)

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Drag n drop.

Never heard of that Rom, but it would advertise a2SD+ if it supports it.

For sense, recommend teppic74's Rom. For vanilla, defrost.