partitioning sd card helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. south69_dallas

south69_dallas Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I wanted apps 2 sd, and I used a recovery image to partion my sd card...when I first rooted. Then before loading the roms I had to switch to a diff recovery image that had the option to apply updates. That all worked great but now some the apps are not in my app drawer? And when I look in the market they are installed but I can't delete them or uninstall them. I'm using a class 4 sd. I don't know or have the materials to partion my sd other than the recovery image so should I buy a new sd? Or flash a recovery image again? And how would I do that? And how do u delte threads on here?

Advertisement
  2. damnmad

damnmad Well-Known Member

Here I am :)
    Nope, don't flash a recovery (yet), and don't buy an sdcard. Which ROM are you running?

3. south69_dallas

Lmao, i m running cyanogens 4.2.14.1? Whatever his last release was...that's the annoying thing one of the apps I can't. Access is cyanogen updater :(

4. south69_dallas

They were working the first couple times I. Used them then they stopped and are unaccesiible...but the apps off sd is pretty sweet otherwise, since I've rooted I can't remember the last time I've had a lot of force closes or it goin slow its just a lot 2 learn sigh....

5. damnmad

lol that's the best ROM ever. It is actually the last release for now. The first thing I'd try is a reboot. If that doesn't work go into terminal and try fix_permissions (not likely to fix anything). There are some other stuff you can try, but tell me about these for now. BTW are you using any themes? Oh one last thing (not sure whether it's in my theme or in CM) at launcher click menu>More>Extended>Application drawer. Again, unsure whether it's in my theme or the rom. Tell me how it goes ;)

6. south69_dallas

Rebooted...nada....fix permissions did nothing....not running any themes jus the mod as is, and what's the launcher? Or what were you saying about it? But yea I can still c them under market downloads and tap them to see desc comments but can't open or un install still....next?

7. south69_dallas

Have u tried the open eclair or sum the others I've stuck with only cyanogen cuz I'm wary of putting a rom and not having the right other stuff n goofing up my phone even more lol

8. damnmad

lol No I haven't tried Eclair yet, but I did try some other stuff. CM is the best though. Back to your phone, go into terminal and type "ls /data/app" Look for the apps that you have but can't access. Tell me if you can see them there.

9. south69_dallas

Fisrt it said not found then I put a space after ls and it said permission denied?

10. damnmad

oh then type su then enter first. It'll ask you for permission. Allow it. That's root access ;)

11. south69_dallas

No they're not there??? Is that good or bad

12. damnmad

Can't say whether it's good or bad, but confusing for sure. Try flashing your ROM again is all I can suggest. This is where my experience hits a barrel. OUCH... Nandroid flash+ext first so u can have full option of reverting. The recovery that partitioned your sdcard can probably perform flash+ext backups. If not, I know for sure this one has it. It's the recovery I use (my fave so far)

13. south69_dallas

Ok so how would I change recovery images I can put the 1 back re partion my sd card re dowwnload my apps...wld I have 2 add the rom again? Can I use terminal 2 change recovery

14. damnmad

No I meant just flash the recovery. Then you backup with Nandroid (using the recovery). Flash the ROM again (no wipe this time). If nothing happens, wipe. No use, you can repartition sdcard or restore your backup.

15. south69_dallas

Ok but what do u mean flash the recovery what's flash? I'm still getting used to the tterms

16. damnmad

Sorry I was away.. again lol. Flash is what you do in fastboot. If you don't know what that is nvm. Just put the recovery into the sdcard and load it into the phone. BTW are you using Recovery Flasher? See if the apps return (very unlikely to me). If they don't, get into recovery mode and Nandroid backup. Then apply Cyanogenmod again. The CM file should be on the root of your sdcard. This can get you familiar with fastboot. You won't have to use it if you didn't use it when you rooted your phone. Flashing is replacing some software on the phone with another. Have you noticed Recovery "Flasher?" Just in case you use it. Tell me if unclear. I might be away for some time though. Sorry

17. south69_dallas

I went to terminal and input the command it didn't do anything, I researched on google through several threads and 2 things, 1st uninstall apps through market not settings and 2 if they r uninstalled and market thinks they're not ex open and uninstall r greyed out etc. Go to settings and managge apps click on market and uninstall updates. When I went back 2 market the apps were uninstalled and I was able 2 reinstall yay! Thanks 4 all the help so how do I close this thread?

18. damnmad

Wow lol You're welcome. Wasn't I bad this time? :D
    You just leave the thread open. I don't think there's a method of closing it. People should realize it's been solved... So one more thing to add to what I know. Thanks