Partitioning sd card

1. MAKOKILLER

MAKOKILLER Well-Known Member

So I want to partition my sd card. I have amon 2.3 on my sd card, I install it and when I go back into recovery it still says that I am on clockwork. What am I doing wrong here?

Advertisement
  2. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Well-Known Member

How did you install it and can you verify that you have s-off?
  3. MAKOKILLER

I just did it like you would flash a rom, installed the zip from my card. Is this not right? And how do you verify the s-off?
  4. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

No, you need to download the PC36IMG.zip file. Place it in the root of your SD card (meaning to put it on your SD card, but not in any folders). When you power off your phone, turn it back on by holding vol down + power and then when the bootloader menu loads, it will find the file. Press vol up to install and press again to confirm. It sounds like you already have the zip file, so you are pretty much good to go.
  5. Xtremedays

To verify power off your phone then hold volume down+power til the hboot screen comes up. In the top left it will say either s-on or s-off and your hboot version under that.
  6. MAKOKILLER

yeah I have it in the main part of my sd card. I boot into recovery it does not find it.
  7. Xtremedays

As Mizzoubrent said, it has to flashed in hboot not in recovery. Make sure it is named exactly PC36IMG. Do not add a .zip at the end of it. Reboot to the bootloader(hboot) and see if it finds the file. If it does, tell it to update and let it flash.
  8. MAKOKILLER

yeah, I have s-off. I will try the hboot thing.:)
  9. Xtremedays

Good. We can get you there then.
  10. MAKOKILLER

the file does have 1 zip at the end. should that not be there?
  11. Xtremedays

Depends on where you are looking at it. Are you looking at it though a windows pc or through a file explorer on your phone?
  12. MAKOKILLER

file explorer on phone shows no zip, but if I go into the sd card through recovery it shows a zip.
  13. Xtremedays

In recovery it should show a .zip at the end. It should be named exactly "PC36IMG.zip" without the quotes in recovery. Make sure it is in caps as well. Reboot to hboot and it should find it.
  14. MAKOKILLER

or should I just say screw it and do the partition using clockwork?
  15. Xtremedays

16. MAKOKILLER

I think I found the problem. It was labeled PC36IMG_RA_2.3.ZIP
  17. Xtremedays

That will do it. Take off the _RA_2.3 and it should find and flash it.
  18. MAKOKILLER

so it flashed but when I go into recovery it still says that it is clockwork
  19. MizzouBrent

So when you loaded up hboot, it said that it found an update? Remember, you're not flashing this in recovery, you're flashing it in hboot, which is totally different.
  20. MizzouBrent

I could not agree with this more. I don't know why anybody bothers with clockwork. I never hear anyone complain about RA and wonder if they should switch over to clockwork.
    twospirits likes this.
  21. Xtremedays

Did you try and redownload the file from the link I gave you? I have seen files from other threads and sites not work or be the wrong ones. The one in the link I gave you works. I used it a week ago.
  22. MAKOKILLER

that is where I got it from.
  23. MAKOKILLER

GOT IT......now do I just go back in to recovery and do the partition from there?
  24. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

twospirits likes this.
  25. MAKOKILLER

do I need to reflash my rom?