• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Passion/Dragon news for today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yargh... the anticipation is killing me :)

Picked up an Eris during the holiday 60 day return program and I am loving it; coming from a POS Motorola Q I promise I will be happy with it for a long time...

But DAMN I want this phone! :D I'm in the same boat as you all, searching every day for new info... fingers crossed that it comes to VZW before Jan 13th!!

it'll be Jan. 14th, just our luck, you watch:mad:

Upvote 0
I can't get a new phone til Dec. 23. I'm going to get an Eris. I was talking to a verizon rep about my plan how the $30 data plan would affect it. I currently have unlimited texting. I'm going to take that off and go with the 250 month text plan. I don't do that much texting anyway. That would knock my bill down to $40. I have the 450 minute nationwide plan. That plus the $30 data plan plus 20% work discount = about $61.00 for me. That is close to what I'm paying anyway.
Plus I would have to pay $150 instore for the phone and get $100 back mail in rebate.

Upvote 0
I really wish they'd give us some sort of confirmation on what hardware is coming and where. We are expected to make smart choices when it comes to buying things like this but its hard to when you buy something new and cutting edge that you're supposed to get a year or two out of, but its over shadowed by something better in a month or two. Now I know that's technology... but then people wonder why there's such a surge of people doing every trick in the book to replace the handset they just got. I think that's where Apple also has a huge edge...atleast you know they won't release something better a month after you buy the latest. I'm no Jesus Phone Fan Boy but if they were on Verizon I would seriously have to consider...

Upvote 0
At this point I'm not sure I care when it comes out, just so long as a date gets set and confirmed. I don't mind waiting patiently when I know how long I have to wait. The not knowing is irritating as hell though. The small rush of rumors we've had just recently does look promising though so at least I have hope that I'm not waiting/pulling hair out/trying to not kill my BB in the meantime for nothing.

Upvote 0
Sources have the Passion/Dragon/Bravo reaching VZW shelves in APRIL 2010, likely due to the difficulty in mating Sense UI with OS2.x.

No. Sources have the Bravo reaching Tmobile shelves in April 2010. Go back to the leaked catalog and look at the pics. You're looking at a tmobile catalog unless HTC has decided to only make phones for Tmobile.

Upvote 0
No. Sources have the Bravo reaching Tmobile shelves in April 2010. Go back to the leaked catalog and look at the pics. You're looking at a tmobile catalog unless HTC has decided to only make phones for Tmobile.

Thanks for pointing this out. I caught the same misinformation in a couple other threads on here as well. There's nothing said by any source about an April release for the Passion on Verizon. Simply loose interpretation.

Upvote 0
Yeah, too bad the googlephone is on AT&T. I hope the VZW gets an equivalent to this phone and they announce it soon so I can stop coming to this website. :)

Stop Coming!?! Why would you wanna do that!?! That's when all the fun starts. Problems you might run into, things you want to report, Apps/Games you want an opinion on, don't even start me on rooting...if you get this phone, you'll still be around!

Upvote 0
Is this something that we can confirm for sure? And if it is, Why should AT&T get another amazing phone? Throw me a friggin bone here

It didn't sound like ATT is going to get it, more like someone thrrew an ATT sim card into an unlocked phone and it worked beautifully... I'm sure the Tmo ones worked just the same.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones