Passion/Incredible/Bravo for Verizon? C'mon, give us a break...

Last Updated: 2010-01-12 19:01:42
  1. dvdqnoc

dvdqnoc Well-Known Member

By us, I mean Sprint.

Verizon gets Droid, Eris, and soon, Nexus One. Sprint has Hero and Moment. And though moment has a better processor, I think the Hero is still better. Since the Eris, more or less, is the same phone as Hero with some minor differences, the following statement is true:

Verizon's lowest Android phone (Eris) = Sprint's best Android phone (Hero)

And Verizon users are asking for the Passion/Incredible/Bravo? Seriously? Don't you feel bad for us Sprint users :(

I would be ecstatic if I found out that Sprint would be getting the Passion/Incredible/Bravo... but feel that it is unlikely. Bleh

Advertisement
  2. ZOMG$n1p3r24

ZOMG$n1p3r24 Active Member

Even if i feel bad i still want the better phone for myself. Verizon is also the largest carrier in the US with the best coverage and is known for getting smartphones late. These are the first "new" smartphones on verizon.
  3. PetiePal

PetiePal Well-Known Member

I have a really strong feeling the Passion IS the Nexus one...I saw an image on Google's site that listed the Nexus One as "Passion"
  4. Nigelahmad

Nigelahmad Well-Known Member

Feeling mellow for the yellow?

Blue from being on blue?

Does your heart sink because of the pink?

Why dont you try big red instead?

:D
  5. dvdqnoc

dvdqnoc Well-Known Member

I was always under the impression that Passion would have SenseUI? Maybe HTC will release a phone with the exact same internal hardware, and similiar external hardware as the Nexus, except with SenseUI, and call it the Passion?
  6. shawn487

shawn487 Well-Known Member

i believe the passion is the nexus one. i dont see why people are still looking at the passion as something else. it looks like the original leak photos. however i do believe verizon will be getting something that looks like the bravo. it may look more like the touch hd but will have the features of the bravo. the passion was just the code name for the phone and got leaked that it was going to verizon. now that hasnt changed it is going to goto verizon just as a google sold device not something verizon carrys on hand
  7. clokwork

clokwork Well-Known Member

My gut feeling tells me that AT&T will be getting the Bravo, but we will see.
  8. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

Yeah, no kidding. When the dust settles, you're probably gonna be 100% correct, and I bet they get it before Verizon gets their rumored version, or whatever the HTC Incredible ends up being.
  9. grokr989

grokr989 Well-Known Member

Google Translate

"Corporation that HTC want to restore growth in earnings this year, strength, or to observe its own branded mobile phone and HTC Sense software, consumer acceptance level.
    Corporate pointed out that HTC will launch the first half of this year, eight new products, of which only 3 of Microsoft's platform, the other 5 are Android phones, displays HTC Android phone is still the main product of this year, in the first half will focus on new models second quarter. "

So, if I interpret this correctly, new HTC phones with Sense UI will be available in the second quarter (April-June)of this year.
  10. clokwork

clokwork Well-Known Member

True, but being selfish, if it's not CDMA, it doesn't move me one bit lol
  11. blinky

blinky Well-Known Member

The Bravo will be available for GSM networks. It might be available in a CDMA version, but that is not clear at the moment.

Also, the Bravo will have a screen resolution that isn't as high as the Nexus One. The other specs on the Bravo, though, are very similar to the Nexus One. The Bravo is coming out in April 2010 according to HTC's product roadmap.
  12. karib

karib Well-Known Member

The insanity! After having my droid for 30 days, I will have to return it and wait for the next best thing... Not sure how long I will be able to wait since I will be going back to my LG Dare! Once you experience android OS, you are (I am) addicted! I just may have to get the Eris if it gets updated to 2.0 this month :( It's a good little phone right?
  13. PetiePal

Karid just keep your Droid. People really really need to stop "waiting for the bigger better thing" especially if you've got a great phone already.

Isn't it a pain for people to downgrade and go back to a "dumbphone?" The Droid will last you just fine, and the Eris is a helluva step down from it. HTC won't launch till at least spring, but if it's not a CDMA even longer...prob next fall or end of summer. The Nexus One isn't that impressive and your Droid is more than comparable.

Stick it ou!
  14. cdmta

cdmta Well-Known Member

^you wouldn't be saying this a month from now, if all the rumors come together. it's a chance I was willing to take. Using my dumb Omnia will make me appreciate my HTC even more.
    Do what feels right to YOU.
  15. PetiePal

Rumors are rumors. My point is if you're always chasing the bigger better thing you're never going to be happy just with the phone you've got or even enjoy it really. I'm in the same boat as you I hate to think I could have buyer's remorse but you just have to not worry about what new is coming out after you buy :)
  16. chasemyaccord

chasemyaccord Well-Known Member

True, there's always something better around the corner. But the N1 coming to Verizon was once a rumor which turned out to be true. Some things are worth waiting for.