Password Change on Google Apps AccountSupport

Last Updated:

1. MythX

MythX Member

I recently changed my password on my Google Apps account. Figured that my Thunderbolt would prompt me to enter my new password.

Well, that didn't happen. Everything I'm reading says I need to do a factory reset. I'm alright with resetting my phone, but since it's rooted, I'm not sure if I need to be aware of other ramifications.

I'm using the free version of Titanium Backup, and do not have a custom ROM. (yet)

2. kct1975

kct1975 Well-Known Member

Just giving advice that worked for me. From everything I know about Google, the password you use for the Google Play Market is the same for your Gmail account.

I would suggest that you go into setting, Account Sync, and force a sync. That should cause an error, and from the error, you should be able to change your password.

Just a suggestion.
  3. MythX

MythX Member

Thanks for the reply

That's exactly what I expected. Google Play though didn't work yesterday (just gave an error when I went to install something), it's working fine now. GMail doesn't sync, but returns no errors, GTalk throws an Authentication error. Google Plus works w/out trouble. The more I think about it, the more I think there's some deeper problem here.
  4. barmach

barmach New Member

I changed my Google Apps password and I can't get my mail to sync.
  5. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

The Play Store uses your google mail password. Go into your mail then accounts and then gmail and set your password correctly there. I hope this helps and thanks for using AF.