Password Manager QuestionSupport

Last Updated:

1. johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten Member This Topic's Starter

I know, I know, there are already threads out there but I think my question is different...I am looking for a simple password manager just to show the usernames and passwords for about 30 frigging passwords for work...I downloaded KeePassDroid, but when you enter your stuff, it hides the passwords when you look them up...unless I am doing something wrong? I had a Blackberry before this (I'm never going back) and the password vault they had on theirs work great...It listed the usernames and passwords out in the open so you can get at them quickly. It was protected by a password to get into it, but then everything was open to plain view....Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. SamXp

SamXp Well-Known Member

I've used OI Safe and like the interface. OpenIntents is well trusted in the marketplace.

johnnyrotten likes this.
  3. johnnyrotten

Just loaded it...exactly what I was looking for. THANK YOU!

4. SoloWinter

SoloWinter Member

I'm using KeepassX on my Linux laptop and am looking to be able to share the database between my Android and computer. Know of any Android apps that support the kpd file format so I can share password data?

5. johnnyrotten

I'm lucky to be able to turn my Hero on...I'm not the guy to ask....sorry!

6. SoloWinter

SoloWinter Member

No prob. I found the answer a few minutes after I posted that. KeePassDroid is the Android port of KeePass/KeePassX. I can just mount my phone as a USB device and copy the password database over. It's not as great as being able to sync instead of overwrite, but it's fast and easy so I'm pleased.

7. bradb21

bradb21 Active Member

I also use KeePassX on my Linux workstations and use that same database on my Hero using KeepassDroid. I like the fact that I use the same database for everything on my computers and phone.

Keepass works on many platforms.. Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iPhone

I keep my keepass database on my Dropbox that way I have access to it on all my computers (home, work, etc..) and it's always sync'ed. Dropbox is also in the process of a client for Android.

8. Aaron21

Aaron21 Guest

Hi you can try to use LoginTrap.It’s prog can capture every login events by using iSight.It 's must be helpful to you.

9. Fluffy23

Fluffy23 New Member

Thank you for advice!
    LoginTrap is really cool program!

10. barbaris

barbaris New Member

i'm using Paranotic Password Manager - the best! Portable version, click-to-copy passwords, logins, emails and ect. Daily backup data to the server. Recommend!

11. Turbo3zDriver

Turbo3zDriver Active Member

I use this as well and my boss came from blackberry to droid only to not have a password keeper pre-installed. I'm trying to ween him off the blackberry and it's desktop software / backup. So I suggest this app after loving mine but he needs the info on his computer as well. My app backsup to my SD card. Can I have his backup to a dropbox or something??

12. brucewagner

brucewagner New Member

Yes. We use Ubuntu Linux on ALL of our computers, we use Android on all of our phones, and we use Dropbox on all of our computers & phones...

So thanks for recommending KeepassDroid. It's EXACTLY what we needed.

(1) Install KeepassDroid app.
    (2) Use the Dropbox app to navigate to the Dropbox folder where you keep your .kdb Master File.
    (3) Then, simply tap to OPEN this file.
    (4) The file will automatically open within KeepassDroid. Select to use this as your Default Master File.

Nice!

Thanks!

PS - Everyone please email the developer and ask them to add "keepassx" as a KEYWORK in the android app market. Before I found this thread, I had already searched on the term "keeppassx" in the Android Market and it is: Nothing Found!