Password unlock? Please Help. Need INFOSupport

Last Updated:

1. ItsBenaWhile

ItsBenaWhile Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i just went from the HTC EVO to the Epic, and one thing i wanna find out. is there any unlock pattern or password or anythingfor the Epic? they really need to update this phone with one because i cant lock my phone. People could just read my stuff whenever they want to or if im away from it. its mostly pictures. what can i do for now, and think they will make a Update for this?

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

It has a lock pattern just like the Evo does. :)

Menu>Settings>Location and Security>Require Pattern

ItsBenaWhile likes this.
  3. ItsBenaWhile

wow, i feel dumb. thanks man. it wasn't under the same part as setting like the HTC EVO. thanks a ton and sorry im new and is there anyway to make it like 5 mins. after its not touched or is it just set to be right after its lock?

4. Kelmar

It locks as soon as the screen turns off. Alternatively, you can use "lockpatternonoff" by curvefish to toggle if the pattern lockscreen comes on or not.

As an example, if the phone is in my pocket, I toggle it on so that I have to pattern unlock it. If the phone is in my holster, I keep it toggled off.

ItsBenaWhile likes this.
  5. ItsBenaWhile

idk what you are talking about with that. but ill just deal with it locking after the screens off. im happy enough with that. thanks for the help

6. Kelmar

No problem. If you want me to explain lockpatternonoff a bit more, let me know.

7. ItsBenaWhile

is there a was to put a passwrod to protect whats on my SD CARD? like if someone stole my phone and took it and put it in a computer they could view all my pictures. how can i put a password to protect from poeple doing that. i think theres a setting but i dont know how to use it

8. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

you should break this out into it's own thread. there is no stock settings (i don't think any android device provides for it at this time) but check the market for encryption apps.

good luck and report back if you find a good one.