1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

passwords

Last Updated:

1. ptfd9100

ptfd9100 Member This Topic's Starter

Would sure like to find a good way of keeping authentication info for my android device in sync with my desktop, and laptop. anyone know of such.

I had been thinking about using pwdhash for firefox then I could keep my info between the desktop and laptop, still does not help with the android though.

Mike

Advertisement
  2. Silverexpress

Silverexpress Well-Known Member

I've been using SplashID for nearly a decade. It's from www.splashdata.com

The desktop APp is $19.95, and the android app is I think $9.95.

3. iliveinyourhead

iliveinyourhead New Member

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

5. rosest

rosest New Member

A comment about SplashID. I was a very happy SplashID user for many years on my Palm TX and purchased the Android version yesterday when I bought my Droid. I have not yet been able to sync to the desktop and the SpashID forum (SplashID for Google Android - SplashData Forums) has many posts of similar problems. I hope I get it working but there are many frustrated users over there.

Stan

6. Silverexpress

Stan what kind of connection are you using?

7. rosest

rosest New Member

I believe I am using my local WiFi-connected LAN (on the same router segment as my desktop). I don't know how to force it to use the WiFi, though, and not the Verizon network. Is there a way to do that?

Stan

8. Silverexpress

Turn on Wifi (on one of your Home pages on the phone -> Menu->Settings->Wireless Controls->tap Wi-Fi), and it should turn off the Cellular Data connection. Next open SplashID on Droid, and goto MENU -> More -> Synchronize

Enter your computers IP address (to find it right click on the little connection icon at the bottom right of your PC. Choose STATUS -> and click on the tab SUPPORT. This will list the specs of your current PC WiFi connection and the computers IP address.

For example, my laptop is listed as 192.168.40.12. I enter this number into the box.

Note: If your phone won't switch off the cellular connection, power down and power the phone back up, and then try turning on the WiFi again.

9. rosest

rosest New Member

10. pbrabbit

pbrabbit New Member

I have been using Splashid on my Blackberry and have just switched to a Motorola Droid. I downloaded Splashid to my Desktop, but I don't see any way to install it on the Droid. Instructions just say to do so, not how.

11. pbrabbit

pbrabbit New Member

I found the answer at PalmAddicts: SplashID from PalmOS to Android..

12. Silverexpress

On your Droid smartphone, click on the Android Market icon. In Android Market do a search by typing the following, "Splashid". Once it brings this up click on the listing, and follow the prompts at the bottmom of the screen. The app willdownload over the air, and will be installed on your Droid.

99% of the apps are installed this way and via Android Market on your phone.

Note: if you have been using Splashid in the past, send in your registration key for your blackberry Splashid Desktop version and Splashdata will provide you a free key for the Android desktop version. Just to be clear you still need to purchase the phone application.

13. pbrabbit

pbrabbit New Member

I was able to do that. Now I can't run Splashid on the desktop because I did not get a registration code on the Droid.