Pattern Lock FrequencyGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Yaksha

Yaksha Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Currently, whenever my phone screen turns off (10 seconds idle timeout, or whatever) and I wake it up, I have to do the pattern lock to unlock it.

I like the pattern lock, it keeps people out of my phone if they pick it up. But is there any way to increase the timeout before it appears? For example, if I wait 10 seconds and my screen goes out, I just want to swipe down to unlock it. If I wait 10 minutes, then I want to have to swipe down and do the pattern lock.

My only option in Security seems to be "require pattern" there isn't anything there to give an idle time for requirement.

I don't want to leave my screen turned on for longer due to the battery drain.

Advertisement
  2. w0rdie

w0rdie Well-Known Member

I don't seem to be able to set a pattern lock.. I see it listed in the settings but its asking me for a 'Current Password' and a 'New Password' -- not aware that I set one up?

Any help?

3. w0rdie

w0rdie Well-Known Member

Nevermind; Exchange doesn't allow for a pattern.. only a textual password.

4. androy

androy Well-Known Member

I'm also looking for a way to increase the timeout before it appears. It gets really frustrating to have to swipe and also do the unlock pattern, every single time.

I guess we can make the pattern easier to do, but then it will be easier to figure out and will defeat its purpose.

5. Feels Good Man

Feels Good Man Well-Known Member

In for solution.