Pattern Lock stopped working (even though "on")Support

1. atlantagreg

atlantagreg New Member

My Fascinate was acting buggy (sluggish, stalling out, etc) so I deleted some apps I wasn't using, de-activated a live screen saver, and took the battery out for a few minutes and rebooted.

The sluggish issue seems to have been fixed, but now my pattern lock (which I had set) isn't working when I bring the phone up out of standby mode. I went in turned it "off" and rebooted, and then went back in again and re-checked "require pattern" and "use visible pattern", and rebooted the phone again.

Well, it still isn't working properly when coming out of standby mode. When the phone is turned on initially or is rebooted, it does ask for the pattern to unlock it correctly. However, once the phone sits a while and goes standby and you bring it back out of it, it just goes right into my main screen without asking for the pattern (??). All settings are as they should be.

Is there a way to fix this? As an alternative, what is the best app out there that might do the same thing without slugging the phone down?

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. atlantagreg

atlantagreg New Member

Well, never mind. As I was waking up this morning my phone started to do it's Android 2.2 update (finally). Once the update was finished the problem was fixed and now it's working again. Although now I have to figure out why my "airport mode" icon is gone, being replaced with a "mobile data" button now. ARGH... changes. :rolleyes:
  3. nunyazz

nunyazz Well-Known Member

Airport mode is now on the power off options. Long press power button.
  4. topogigio22

topogigio22 Member

What does the "mobile data" option do?
  5. nunyazz

nunyazz Well-Known Member

Turns on/off mobile (3G) data. If you don't care to receive emails or anything that requires internet data, turn it off. Or if you are constantly in a Wifi area.