Pattern screen lockSupport

Last Updated:

1. jwk

jwk Active Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else notice the pattern screen lock is completely bypassed by just popping the keyboard out.

doh!

Advertisement
  2. justme8800

justme8800 Well-Known Member

Haha really? Must be something with sense, screen lock works fine on my G2...

3. ghed

ghed Active Member

I'm using numeric password and I don't get this problem for this setup. maybe it's the setting for the Lock phone after, i've set mine to "immediately."

4. Menddles

Menddles Guest

My Z doesn't. If the screen is off and I pop up the keyboard the pattern lock comes up.

5. jwk

jwk Active Member This Topic's Starter

Menddles

I noticed if i turned the screen on with the button but didn't unlock it and then in a while popped the keyboard out the pattern lock shows up. However, if you turn the screen off or just leave the phone for 10 minutes or so and then just pop the keyboard out, no pattern lock?

6. Menddles

Menddles Guest

Every time my screen is off and I flip up the keyboard the pattern lock comes up. Might be something to do with your settings.

7. 5110

5110 Member

mine is the same. is it a bad thing? i find it handy actually because it is less swiping motion of my thumb.

8. justme8800

justme8800 Well-Known Member

Only in the sense that a broken deadbolt is handy because you don't need your key to get in.

The "screen lock" in question isn't the basic anti-butt-dial function the phone has on by default. Its the advanced security lock option that only the phone's owner can open.

9. 5110

5110 Member

Oh sorry i'm a dumba$s :D
    mine is alright then. It's in the security setting. But i dont need this security lock because my desire z never leaves my sight :)