• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PAW Server - Amazing!

Bob Denny

Jun 22, 2010
I looked at several web servers for the Android, including hWS and Web Share, which is actually very nice for managing and uploading files and media (playing even) on your phone via a web browser.

But when I fired up PAW Server I was totally shocked! This is the home page for PAW server. Have a look. When you run PAW on your phone, the web site it serves is similar but with a TON of functions you can do with/to your phone. Furthermore you can develop your own active web apps with a high-level kit they include along with developer tools.

All I can say is WOW! The developer(s) put a ton of thought into its design, and clearly a ton of effort into the implementation. THis app is well worth a look. It's free, though I have now donated 10 euros to them!!

I couldn't get it to accept incoming connections over 3G, so this isn't going to work out in the wild. It works great with WiFi though. I tried to use our company VPN as a way to get connections to the server but it isn't looking at the IP of the VPN. I have passed that along to the developers.

I'm the developer of PAW Server.
First of all thanks for the donation.

PAW is using standard socket connections, so there is no magic there.
Unfortunately some carriers are blocking ports (mine does), so this is a general problem.
I had reports from users that it works with some carriers.
I've never tried with VPN though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones