Pay As You Go?

Last Updated:

1. Dastardley

Dastardley Member This Topic's Starter

I have the Galaxy S on contract from Orange.....I'm over the moon with the phone.....Just love it. My brother wants one.....but he doesn't want a pay monthly contract. If he buys a Galaxy S and runs it using a Pay-As-You-Go Sim card (Top Up)will he still be able to use ALL the same features as I can on my contract sim?....Like will he still be able to use youtube, GPS, etc etc.?

Advertisement
  2. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

He'll be able to use everything just like you. However he'll have to watch his mobile data usage, a smartphone can have all sorts of data going in and out, and on a pay and go card, mobile data isn't cheap.

Dastardley likes this.
  3. staffsmatt

staffsmatt Well-Known Member

Hi,

I can't speak for the Galaxy S in particular but I have a HTC Legend and run that off an orange PAYG (Dolphin) SIM and it works fine. the only thing to watch out for is that you get a 3G SIM (if you've already got a 2G one you can go to an Orange shop and swap it - keeping your number - for the cost of a

Dastardley likes this.
  4. Dastardley

Dastardley Member This Topic's Starter

5. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

If he's going to use a lot of data, which I guess he would otherwise why get a smartphone, then I would suggest GiffGaff. Tesco mobile is also not bad but GiffGaff does not have a fair use policy on their pay as you go unlimited mobile data.

Dastardley likes this.