Pay as you go

Last Updated:

1. Tuzion

Tuzion Member This Topic's Starter

I've looked on the T-Mobile site and through all the my account things so I'm losing hope, but is there a way to just drop my minute play and just pay like $0.20/minute and still have unlimited data? I use up to like 2,000 texts a month this month I've only used 23 minutes. A waste of $30 to pay for 300 for me really :\

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

The G1 is heavily dependent on a DataPlan ... so best to have it unless you dont sms alot and dont want to use maps, internet ... etc, etc .. !!!

3. Tuzion

Tuzion Member This Topic's Starter

No, no, what I'm saying is I want that unlimited data (believe me, I know how many charges I'd have without it lol) but I just want to drop the minute plan. I don't need 300 minutes a month, but it's the least amount I can get. I'd be fine with pay as you go minutes.

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Oh I am not sure you can do that .. I have two phones and one is on a Flexpay ... but is still at the Minimum 29.99 with phone minutes

and I have data plan on it of $25 but is no the phone I text from very much

5. sammrat-sms

sammrat-sms Member

I do not think that they have any such kind of plan. But however many of these companies offer tailor made plans as well. So if you want to know more about this than you will have to enquire from their customer care service.

6. baudot

baudot New Member

I've been whining about this other places at length, so I'll keep it short here: I picked up a G1 on pay-as-you-go this morning in Berlin, and found the credit draining away very rapidly - as if I were being billed for 1 minute of use out of every 5 even while the phone was completely idle, or about $15,000/yr.

The best I've been able to cobble together from various Internet forums is that an application, possibly the one called "MyFavs" (though it doesn't go by that name on my German phone) is sending a text every five minutes, invisibly. On pay-as-you-go, the charges for this rack up, fast.

Some pages I've found helpful/whined on:
    Disable or uninstall MYfaves - Page 4 - xda-developers
    G1 sends text messages silently to T-Mobile [Archive] - Android and G1 Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Downloads, Skins, Themes, and more! | ModMyGphone