Paying for apps via paypal

Last Updated:

1. tp_technologies

tp_technologies Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone, simple question for you. I am from Canada and have been waiting for google to allow us to sell apps on the market for a while now, however, we have not made the list of 9 countries that are able to sell.

So, my question for you guys is, if someone made a free lite version of an app, would you be willing to pay the price of the pro app via paypal and recieve the pro version via email? or is this to sketchy for most people? keep in mind if the pro version was not delivered as intended people would comment on the app and I would not make any sales so there is no reason to rip people off over a couple of dollars.

Any feed back on this would be great before I decide if I want to try this method out or not.

Advertisement
  2. DiCon

DiCon Member

I think, I would do so, if it's a really good app. I think, I would have done this for "tasker"... But you should think of a way to unlock the features of the free version so that your users still use the market version and get convenient updates.

3. Sweed

Sweed Well-Known Member

there are already a couple of apps out there that sell like this (including titanium backup)
    it should work, but I think less people would feel comfortable buying.

4. tp_technologies

tp_technologies Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i was worried about people being comfortable as well but i figure it only takes one review saying the app was not delivered as intended to kill all future sales