Paying for apps?

Last Updated:

1. smacky

smacky Banned This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    IOWA likes this.
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

ROTF - I wish more people were like you.

To date, I have spent over $75 on my apps...and counting....

3. smacky

I'm fine with the way I'm going about business. If there is something prolific created, I'll pay for it.

4. ving

ving Active Member

haha, that made me laugh :D

5. Roxors

Roxors Well-Known Member

LOL i totally thought that was going the other way. i don't mind paying for any apps as long as they don't suck, battery, or just in general.

6. johnnyc

johnnyc Member

For some reason, I am unable to purchase apps from the market on my eris. Each time I enter my credit card information to purchase an app, it force closes. Any suggestions

7. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I have the opposite mentality from the comic and have spent a good bit on apps so far but I know a lot of people that have similar mentalities to this comic though. My wife, sister and mom all have had android phones for at least 6 months and none of them have bought a single paid app.

It drives me nuts when my wife complains about apps costing something. A few weeks ago I took her phone and bought the paid version of a game she like and she figured out that she could return it before the 24 hours was up. I have no clue what the aversion to spending 99 cents on an app is.

8. Roxors

Roxors Well-Known Member

exactly, not to mention it gives something back to the people who put the time and effort into it.

9. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

I'll put some $ down on an app if it's worthwhile and obviously to support the dev if it's something that I'll continually use.

10. Roxors

Roxors Well-Known Member

But what is really funny is i am sure most of us don't pay for music anymore, lol i did my 1 cd off itunes recently but that was the first one in aboout 100 GB of music

11. Niir

Niir Well-Known Member

ive got no problems buying something that is good.

If a dev has made a killer App then he is welcome to my money, hell i bought launcher pro twice because its THAT good.

12. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

I got a $25 gift card to iTunes for Christmas, and I still have $19 left of it. Yet had no problem dropping $200 and paying the ~$100 ETF on my iPhone. Weird.

13. Roxors

Roxors Well-Known Member

LMAO its awesome cause it goes right a long the comic strip.

14. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

Only $16.25 for me so far

15. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

You may want to try setting up your Google checkout account on a desktop/laptop.

16. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Lol that's exactly what i think about when buying an app. I will sometimes sleep on it. I have spent about $55 on apps

17. mcatdtDROID

mcatdtDROID Banned

I have only bought 2 apps.... Easytether Pro - because it saves me money on internet I cancelled at home. $9.99

I also bought "More Widgets" the same day.... but honestly, my thought is, there are too many good free apps out there to waste my $$ being nickel and dimed to death over the same thing. Oh noes, I don't wants to sees an ads at the bottom of my FREE music player, I must pay $4.99..... :/

if paying for an app saves me money in the long term, I will do it.

18. probinson

probinson Well-Known Member

I think if we want developers to develop for Android, we need to support them. If the apps were all $10-$20, I have a harder time, but for $.99-$4.99, I have no problem voting with my money.

19. ImaYam

ImaYam Well-Known Member

NOt even an hour into having My Evo, I bought a $10 app (im on day three of the evo now). This app, however will keep me busy for a loooong time :/

Finra Series 7 exam prep.

20. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

App developers have my high fives every day I use them, and my money when there is a provision to pay them.

On a side note, those with rooted devices, using ROMs that are basically free but have a donate link, should pay as much as they can, in my opinion. Those guys are giving you an operating system, not just an app.

21. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

At work, we recently replaced our 2-way pagers with Motorola i465 Sprint phones (HUGE piece of shit, by the way). The phone part is disabled, but we have PTT and MMS texting. But for the MMS, we need data, so we have internet access. I looked for some little games, and they are CRAZY expensive! Tetris, Pac-Man, Frogger, $6-$7 EACH! FOR TETRIS! Makes the $0.99 for something way better on Android seem much more reasonable. I'm just about to pull the trigger on my first app purchase, actually. Been playing the hell out of Homerun Battle 3d Free. But the full version is $5, although it's way better than Pac-Man for the same price!

22. smacky

According to AppBrain, I've got $49.82 worth of apps.

23. zip2

zip2 Active Member

I have no problem spending a few dollars on a well written app. Even if a free version is available if I like it I'll upgrade to support the dev. Hey, they have to eat as well.

That cartoon is right on point. People spend hundreds on a phone and a decent amount on monthly service...yet balk at spending a few dollars on a good app someone worked hard developing.

BTW...those cartoons were hilarious!

24. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

i agree 100% ..

i can throw away a dollar or two for some quick and short term satisfaction... drinks, candy, coffee, snacks and some stupid toy for my kid that only last a few hours.

but to spend $.99 for a cool app.. makes me hesitate! I will know it is silly.. but I cant help it!

I have pushed past my irrational feelings and have spent some $$ and a few apps.

I want to purchase LauncherPro.. but I dont want to setup a paypal account to purchase it!

25. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

If an app is worth it, I buy it. I've got about 20-25 dollars in apps. LPP was a necessity because of it's scrollable widgets (calendar important for me because of work). Root apps have become important to me, as I have a custom theme on my dx.

Face it, my android is my hobby. It gives me joy to explore it, learn about and play on it. :)