1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Paying for Apps

Last Updated:

1. Mixmaster300

Mixmaster300 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Droid which is also my first smart phone. I have downloaded some free apps but I have a question about apps you pay for. How does this work? Do you use Paypal or a similar service? Does the price of the app get applied to your Verizon bill?

Advertisement
  2. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I bought my first paid app today. (Golf Card) PayPal was an option but I paid with a credit card. The receipt from google came quickly but the actual download didn't start for about 2 and a half hours, so don't wait until you absolutely need something to get it. And you have to be patient. At least that is my one and only experience. It just said authorizing that whole time and then finally started downloading to the phone.

3. eclipsed4utoo

eclipsed4utoo Well-Known Member

so did you have to enter your CC number in?

I have an IPod Touch and the process is so streamlined with just entering your email address.

4. NiNi

NiNi G1/Cliq Guide

yes you enter your cc number and it saves to your gooogle account so anytime you want to buy an app it shows your cc number first then you confirm.

5. eclipsed4utoo

eclipsed4utoo Well-Known Member

shows the CC number in plain text or starred ( * ) out?

6. krichek

krichek Well-Known Member

You enter your credit card the first time you make a purchase, after that it just uses what you already stored unless you want to use something different. Not sure what happened to one of the previous posters but every app I've purchased has downloaded immediatly.

The really nice thing about the app store is that it is very easy to return an app in the first 24 hours if it turns out you don't like it or find something better.

7. AaronT

AaronT Active Member

I use a Google Checkout account which I use in lots of other stores and in the market store. see: Google Checkout : Places to Shop

it was very easy and a fast download, and when i did not like it i had 24 hours to return it (just uninstall).

8. NiNi

NiNi G1/Cliq Guide

last 4 in plain text rest *

9. NiNi

NiNi G1/Cliq Guide

when you purchase an app it is from your google account thru the google checkout

10. johnnybirdman

johnnybirdman Well-Known Member

The first time I tried to buy and app it scared the crap out of me because all of a sudden I was looking at the last 4 digits of my CC # :eek:. After the heart attack I realized it was linked to google checkout which I had used in the past so then it made sense, and worked great and seamlessly.
    J.

11. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

That is in no way something normal. All apps I have download paid or free have download right when clicked download.

You had to have something not working correctly for you, when you down loaded that app.

12. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

same here

13. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

All others have been immediate. This one just took a looooooooooong time. It is a very popular app, apparently.

14. Gforce083

Gforce083 Well-Known Member

IS there anyway to use PayPal to pay for all apps? I'd rather do that than use my credit or debt card.