• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PB Laptop problem, help please?

Spec-Kie

Jan 17, 2013
North East UK.
Alright guys,

Family member has dropped this knacked oldish laptop into my house and asked me to fix it, thing is it will not boot at all?.. power light comes on and thats it no fan or no HDD sounds. he seems to think that the fan has been broken for about 3 months prior to it swtiching its self off, i can even get it to boot in to the bios to try a Linux RD, CPU toast?

I'm with palmtree on this. First thing to do is pull the HD and back it up. Then as Davdi suggested, hook it up to an external monitor to see if it's a bad LCD or GPU. After that you'll have to open it up to see what you're dealing with. If all the connections are soldered, you have little choice but to replace the motherboard, but that can be tricky finding parts, especially with older budget off-brand models.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones