1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

PC Checkbook and Android app

Last Updated:

1. Oditius

Oditius Active Member This Topic's Starter

I ran across literally hundreds of checkbook software for the android, and if I really thought the idea of keeping my only record of what I spend in a platform that can easily be lost or stolen, I would say fine and choose one of the free ones. I really don't need all the bells ans whistles of the big programs. All I need is a simple checkbook that will sync between my PC and phone. I installed splash money and it should have done what I wanted. But now the app on the phone keeps freezing up on my HTC Desire. But basically that is what I want. (Not the freezing part) But it sync's via wireless and not USB. Not really a big deal, since I can make that happen. I submitted a ticket to Splash Money but now have to wait for a response. Things was so nice with Pocket Quicken and My Quicken on the PC, no problems syncing at all. So until Splash Money responds and fixes the problem, does anyone have a suggestion on a checkbook software that will sync with a PC version? It doesn't have to sync with Quicken (But that would be nice) but to a PC checkbook.

Advertisement
  2. gdphishman817

gdphishman817 Active Member

clearcheckbook.com will do what you want. They have an app that will sync with the web. You can do transactions on your phone or on the website.

Oditius likes this.
  3. Oditius

I have been there before, but never gave it a second thought. I just got everything together and will give it a whirl. Thanks.

4. Maryw71

Maryw71 New Member

I have the same problem with splash money i have been using splash money for many years and have just got the Droid 3 and having the same problem syncing sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I also put in a ticket but they were not much help just saying it should work is all. I am now looking for something that will be easy to use as well that i can use on my PC and my new phone.

5. Oditius

Dang forgot about this thread, I had switched to clearcheckbook.com and works great, I no longer have the android and am using win 7 phone. No app for it yet, but the mobile site works ok.

6. Lighthorse

Lighthorse New Member

7. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Not that I care to help the Win7 guy :D, but doesn't mint work on a bunch of platforms, both desktop and mobile?

8. Eryl Flynn

Eryl Flynn Well-Known Member

Work is a very loose meaning here. You can view in delayed time your account information but can not use it to track your transactions. The main reason for this is to track my spending and how much is in my account based on what I spent. If I write a check, I consider that money gone but Mint sees it til the check clears.

9. Oditius

I went to Windows 7 phone for a while. Personally I think it is better than Android, but the 3.6" screen is a bit small, :eek: that is the only phone USCC has. So I switched to the Electrify for now, 4.3" is a lot better. Mint was the pits, I don't even use Quicken desktop anymore. I use mycheckbook.com And it does great. Wish they had an app for the Win7 phone, because if USCC picks up one with a 4" or larger screen I will return to it. :D

10. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

I also use Pocket Money - familiar with it from Palm. However, any program that saves csv files will import into Quicken but you will have to sort them out. Even Excel will import those files.