Pc Connection after Unbricking?

1. tonyandroid

tonyandroid Active Member

Hi -

I've got a bit of a problem, the edited version is I managed to brick my desire after flashing the wrong RUU. After following the method here (forgot the thread but thanks to the poster!!) I've managed to unbrick it, I think ?!?!

The problem I'm having now, is I can't connect my phone to a windows. Device manager recognised the phone as "Qualcomm CDMA MSM" but the phone was originally a UK GSM.

Can I solve this...

Come to think of it another problem is the phone keeps dropping the UK network - will that be something todo with CDMA / GSM.

Thanks for any help.

edit:

It was this thread: http://androidforums.com/desire-all-things-root/226723-unbricking-slcd-bricked-desire-howto.html

Advertisement
    :
  2. InfernalByte

InfernalByte Well-Known Member

What's the un-edited version, I think we need more info. First, if a phone is bricked, its bricked, so you haven't unbricked it as it wasn't bricked in the first place.

What phone do you have? Give us the full HBoot info.

What RUU did you use?

Have you tryed uninnstalling and then re-installing the windows drivers?
  3. tonyandroid

tonyandroid Active Member

Thanks for the reply and sorrt if I'm using the wrong terminology here. I'm learning on-the-fly.

I had the same problem as the guy in the thread I mentioned, so I followed his method for unrooting.

I used the exe from here:

[HOWTO] Unroot your HTC Desire - Android @ MoDaCo

Because I thought the phone was no longer rooted I let TMobile do an OTA. If it helps I'm using a desire

baseband: 32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27
    Sware: 2.29.405.2

Bravo pvt4 Ship S-on
    Hboot 0.93.0001
    MIcrop 051-d
    radio -5.11.05.27

Thanks again

Edit: forgot to mention, yes I've unistalled / reinstalled/ switched from laptop to pc and tried all my usd ports ;-)