PC Connection IssueSupport

1. CLEFan

CLEFan New Member

Hi,

I recently bought the Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket from Alltel and I am trying to connect it to my PC so I can use Kies. The problem is that the only connection I can make is an MTP connection on my phone. I have tried factory resetting my phone, reinstalling kies, updating drivers, etc. I have also tried multiple computers and even another family member who has the same phone as well and theirs would not connect to either computer as well so I know it relies on the phone. Multiple cables did not make a difference either and I have also tried rebooting the computers and phones. I have looked around the internet and tried everything I can find and the one option I have noticed which seems to work for most people is typing *#7284#. My problem is that when I do that I only receive 3 options which include:

AP
    CP
    ALL

That is all that shows up on my phone when I enter that number in the dialer. I personally think this is where the problem lies and why I cannot connect my phone to my computer correctly. I have tried all 3 options with no luck in helping. I have also attempted to click the USB Mass Storage "connect storage to PC" option but when I do I get the message "Connect USB cable to use mass storage." When I connect it to the computer and press "connect storage to PC" it simply tells me: "USB connected. Remove the cable." The only option under my notifications when I have the phone connected is MTP - Connected and when I press that nothing happens.

Version: 2.3.6

I would appreciate any help as this is extremely aggrevating when my previous HTC phone worked just fine.

Advertisement