PC connection troubleSupport

Last Updated:

1. Ingle

Ingle New Member This Topic's Starter

Feb 2, 2010
    I'm new to the Droid community since I just got it this last weekend and I'm having an issue that borders others yet is different enough for all advice to be unhelpful.. Hopefully someone will be able to help me here.

My problem is that when I connect my Droid to my desktop running Win7 Pro x64, my computer sees it as a miscellaneous device and the phone doesn't notice it's plugged in. I've plugged it into all 6 of my motherboard's USB, the 2 in front, and the 2 on my keyboard, same problem each time. The computer is fully updated and the phone claims to not need updates.

I've been able to sync and charge it on my work computer XP Pro (even using the front ports), my laptop Vista Business x86, my fiancee's laptop Vista Home Premium x64, and her desktop Win 7 Pro x86.. This is why I don't think I have a bad cable and I don't think I need to reformat my SD card (I'd rather avoid messing with the files again).

Most of the other solutions I've found have you disable/reenable the phone from the computer, restart the computer, plug it directly into the motherboard, and my personal favorite select "USB connections and 'Mount'" from the drop down notification bar on the phone (Most common answer).. None of these are my problem or fix my problem and it's not a faulty phone since it works with everything else.

The problem lies somewhere with my computer, but I'm not sure what could be stopping it so I'm shouting out for suggestions please and thank you.