• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PC Connection

GavinB

Lurker
Oct 27, 2009
Hey all!

Having an issue with USB connection and my Tattoo!

Let me give you the background.

I got my HTC tattoo, got it home, plugged it in and it did the automatic install and worked fine, HTC Sync worked as well as data transfer. Sadly there was a problem with the phones battery and it was promptly returned to vodafone. I was supplied with a brand new Tattoo which works fantasticly, the only problem I have is that it will no longer connect to the PC and im unable to connect to HTC Sync or data transfer.

I have no errors at all on screen and the green light on the Tattoo lights up to signify that a connection is being made via usb (and charges the phone)

Heres what ive tried so far:

1: Ive uninstalled HTC Sync and Drivers and removed all traces of them from my computers registry and re-installed the software and drivers and restarted the phone and computer = nothing

2: Ive checked through the phone from start to finish and am unable to find anything at all that would stop data connection.

3: I've checked Device manager and it shows nothing about the phone when connected

4: The "safely remove hardware" icon in the bottom right taskbar does not appear.

5: HTC Sync doesnt recognise that a phone is connected when plugged in.

Please can somebody help!? I'm desperate to get some music on my phone!

What OS are you running ? I still can't get HTC Sync to work on Windows 7
Do you have USB debugging enabled on your handset ?
When you connect, are you prompted for mode (HTC sync or disk drive) ?
Have you installed the latest / correct USB drivers on your PC ?

I now have syncing nicely with a XP laptop and can sync Outlook / etc as well as installing apps although I did have to use the latest HTC USB drivers (Google for it).

Upvote 0
with the usb connection , i cant find the htc tattoo in my browser to look into my phone
i would like to change sms tones etc
normally with other htc phones u find your phone in your browser like harddisk
but he only finds my sd card
can anyone help me
thxxx

Create a folder in the root of your SD card as follows and put your sounds in them, works fine on my tattoo
audio\media\ringtones
audio\media\notifactions
audio\media\alarms

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones