PC doesn't recognize IncredibleSupport

Last Updated:

1. ectrader

ectrader New Member This Topic's Starter

Even though I have the default connection type as: Disk Drive and have Ask me checked. The Incredible does NOT ask me. My PC will not allow me to access SD card anymore. I see the drive letters in Windows explorer, but whenever I click on it, it says insert drive. This used to work. I've taken photos off and put music on the card. I removed the battery and turn it back on, but that didn't help.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. windycity

windycity Well-Known Member

If you're using Windows, it's probably because you're using Windows. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the options "Disk Drive" and "Ask me" don't seem like they can both be on at the same time. If it's asking you, you're making the determination with your response. I guess maybe you mean the default if you don't do anything? It sounds like the computer is recognizing something with the phone. Try IT trick #1-reboot the computer. Sometimes it will get confused (especially if you're running a PC and it doesn't have volume mount/unmount like UNIX).

Other than that, you can try putting the card into a card reader and taking the phone out of the equation. Sometimes if you can simplify the situation, you might have more success.

3. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

Have you tried going into "settings/applications/development" and checking the box next to "USB Debugging"? If not, try that.