Support PC doesnt recognize it anymore :s

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SolidSnak3, Nov 7, 2010.

1. SolidSnak3

SolidSnak3 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    I pluged it to my pc today to transfer some videos that i took with it but for my surprise my pc did not recognize it neither did the window poping up appear to asked me if i wanted to use it to charge only, disk drive, htc sync etc...
    I dont know what went wrong cus it used to work fine the other days :s

I also checked the settings and the ASK ME option is checked...
    What is wrong ? ;s

thanks!

Advertisement

2. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    Hmmm. Try plugging it into a different USB port. If that doesn't work try a different cable. Simple things first....

Dave

3. costy

costy Member

May 10, 2012
    i'm having the same problem with my htc, and i tried all the basics including resetting it. It only charges it...please can someone help me with this......

4. CDPlant

CDPlant Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Essex, UK
    The way I fixed mine was to get a needle/paper clip and clean out the USB port on my phone. You'll probably end up pulling out a load of dust/stuff from your pockets and with any luck the computer will recognise it when you plug it in next time

5. costy

costy Member

May 10, 2012
    i tried your suggestion but still no change...i don't have a sim card for this phone can this influence my problem??

6. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    My Desire HD without a SIM card hasen't any problems connecting to the PC :)
    I've set Disk Drive as default connection type in Settings Connect to PC.

Tried you an other USB cable?
    Some USB cables are charging-only.

Harry

7. costy

costy Member

May 10, 2012
    yes i tried different data cables (i even checked them on other phones) i installed all drivers, htc sync i could find, tried factory reset but no success

8. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    I take it that you tried all USB ports on the PC.
    On my PC is a difference between the PC's front and back USB ports.

And no USB hub should be used.

Harry

9. sandeep89

sandeep89 Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2011
    would it help to set it to disk drive only in the settings menu, and then try?

10. costy

costy Member

May 10, 2012
    i tried all usb port from my pc and 2 laptops, and tried from settings all options usb threading, htc sync and disk drive. the phone does not ask me about the connection type i want even though its selected to do that and the pc do not show up any changes when i plug the device.

an other thing is that installed htc sync and drivers and after that i even tried the sdk manager.....but in device manager doesn't appear any android devices or drives...

11. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Apr 20, 2011
    Work to live, not the other way round!!
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    Have you tried a different USB cable? it does actually sound like there could be something in the USB connection point on your phone... I would have said try what CDPlant has suggested... perhaps using a can of compressed air instead of a pin/paperclip?

It could be a fault with the phone... have you thought of taking it back to the shop where you got it?

12. costy

costy Member

May 10, 2012
    in the past week i tried everything i found on forums and sites whits no luck so i decided to take it to a service to see if they can do anything....ill come back with the result
    thanks for the support.

D-U-R-X likes this.
  13. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Apr 20, 2011
    Work to live, not the other way round!!
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    No worries... sorry that we were not able to give you an answer that worked! :)