pc doesn't see the noteSupport

Last Updated: 2012-04-21 20:15:16
  1. flmgrip

flmgrip Active Member

i had the note for 3 days, coming from a few generations of iphones... i hate apple and their control (good and bad)... anyway, did see the note, loved the size and went for it.

i love it for all the obvious reasons and i don't want to go back... but my pc did see the note 1 time and i was able to sync my contacts and it stopped 1/2 way thru my calendar... now it doesn't show in kies, doesn't show on my computer, just gone... tried reeinstall etc...
    - kies air works but i can't sync contacts or calendar
    ( i don't want to use google 'cloud' - i never used icloud....)

i love the phone and i want to make it work, but please please please someone help me with the sync/phone not appearing on computer problem...

thanks !

Advertisement
  2. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

Reboot the phone. Happens to me as well. I will hook it up for USB and works great for a few days, then poof, nothing, then reboot and all is good.
    flmgrip likes this.
  3. flmgrip

flmgrip Active Member

wow thanks !

i had been searching reading googling with no success... this did the trick!

now it's syncing fine with the contacts... but it's stuck trying to sync calendar or notes, you have an other magic trick in your pocket ?

thanks !
  4. Talderon

Not sure, need more details. What are you trying to Sync with?

I have everything (Contacts and Calendar) set up with Google. This is how my wife and I share our calendars so we know what each other have going on.
  5. flmgrip

flmgrip Active Member

just trying to sync my calendar (and contacts) from outlook... i have no interest in storing my data somewhere online...

synced contacts fine but it just seems stuck with the calendar syncing...
  6. Talderon

The overall consensus appears to use Kies to Sync via USB to local Outlook Data if you don't want to use the cloud.

Kies

Same for HTC Phones, they have to use HTC Sync.
  7. wodin

wodin Well-Known Member

I use the Exchange server in MS Office 365, and sync my phone with Touchdown. I'd use the native mail app which supports Exchange in GB but I'd already bought the Touchdown license when I was running 2.1 on my Moment.

Office 365 costs six bucks per month, but that's cheaper than any other hosted Exchage service. I think the next is ITSolutionsNow at ten bucks.
  8. flmgrip

flmgrip Active Member

all good now...syncing contacts and calendar no problem... maybe i was just to impatient the first time, considering the amount of data i had to sync with my calendar...
    after the re-boot of my phone the pc has been seeing the phone and i'm happy like a camper... this phone is great and exactly what i have been looking for !

i havn't even started to customize it but it seems the possiblities are endless...