PC games on a tablet

1. Etrogann

Etrogann Member

I am getting a tax refund and thinking of buying a tablet. What I want to know though is can you play PC games on any of the tablets out there? If not what are some good tablets for gaming? I want to be able to play good, in depth games on whatever tablet I get. Ohh, and I will only look at wifi versions. I am not getting a contract with anyone. Thanks guys and gals.

Advertisement
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

What sort of PC games, like old DOS ones, Commander Keen, Doom, Leisure Suit Larry, etc,? You can certainly play them using DOSbox for Android.
  3. Etrogann

Etrogann Member

I was thinking of more recent games. Older windows games like Starwars Galaxies Emu, Ultimate Online and Ffallen Earth (notice a pattern?) I am not sure if a Windows tablet would play them or if a dual boot system would be possible? I know that the first two at least would run on linux, that is what made me think they might play on android.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Quite sure an x86 Windows tablet would play them, provided they're not too old for running on XP, Vista or 7.

Android tablets have ARM CPUs. Booting x86 Windows wouldn't really be possible except for possibly some kind of x86 PC emulation, which would probably be extremely slow and not enough RAM.