PC Magazine's Droid Review

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kamilli0n, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Kamilli0n

Kamilli0n Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Freight Broker @ Mercer
    Johnson City, TN

Advertisement

2. johninbigd

johninbigd Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Great review. The only thing that worries me is what they say about voice quality. I hope it doesn't sound as bad as they suggest. There's simply no excuse for poor voice quality these days. Every phone should be crystal clear, at least as much as a cell phone can be.

3. shaggymatt

shaggymatt Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Wait you plan on using it as a phone? ha ha

I just checked my Storm which I got the day it was released, almost a full year ago. Total talk time, 1 hour 55 minutes and 41 seconds. :cool:

I really find that I can do most communications as needed with the features of the phone as opposed to the phone itself.

4. racerxe24

racerxe24 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Mississippi
    I am digging that talk time of over 7 hours. It seems this phone will keep a decent charge over the course of a day, I am hoping so anyway....

5. johninbigd

johninbigd Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2009
    lol Yeah, strangely enough, I do a lot of business on the phone and I don't want prospective clients to be annoyed at the voice quality.

6. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA
    VIP Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Real Estate Agent
    M A dub'l dolla sign
    That is really odd, Engadget said it has one of if not the best voice clarity/audio speakers of any phone. They said it was ultra clear on regular calls, speakerphone, and listening to media.

7. kingohearts2005

kingohearts2005 Active Member

Oct 27, 2009
    It's funny the way the reviews aree. Engadget hated the music player and said the voice quality was great while pc mag loves the music playback and hates the voice quality. Gonna read every review and tally the good to the bad to really figure out whats bad.

8. MarvinAndroid

MarvinAndroid Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    MA
    I thought this review was pretty weak... some of what was said didn't jive with what I've heard from other reviews. And in the end the guy recommends a Windows Mobile device instead... I kind of lost respect for him and the review right there.

9. Kamilli0n

Kamilli0n Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Freight Broker @ Mercer
    Johnson City, TN
    Yes I respectively disagree with their HTC Imagio recommendation and overall view of the Windows Mobile platform.