PC not recognizing PhoneGeneral

Last Updated:

1. n0ct3m

n0ct3m Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Suddenly my phone no longer shows up when I connect it to my pc via usb and set it to usb disk drive. Is there anything I can do to remedy this?

Advertisement
  2. incrediblenotinstock

incrediblenotinstock Well-Known Member

is your chord falling apart? thats what happened with me

3. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Power cycle the phone? And the PC?

4. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

X2

Always the first thing to try. And it is usually the fix.

5. Puddlejumpernva

Puddlejumpernva Active Member

I'm having the same problem. Re-booting didn't seem to help. I have PDAnet installed, debugging is on. I hope I didn't mess up a setting somewhere. I'm trying Verizon tech support now and will post if I get it figured out. Ugh!

6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Don't forget about the obvious (something I do from time to time :eek::D): check that the device is in "debugging mode," and also that your computer is not asleep, and both ends of the cable are connected :eek:, and failing still, reboot both phone and computer (first detaching the USB cable).

7. Puddlejumpernva

Puddlejumpernva Active Member

Yup, thanks Frisco. I'm definitely not immune to forgetting the obvious, but all that was addressed prior to and during the call to VZW.

The tech was very patient and truly seemed to want to help. I was on hold for a quite a while and then spoke to Joseph for a good half hour. We wound up doing a factory reset (this was on a spare, broken screen handset) and same thing, no USB option on the notification screen.

I decided maybe we should try another cable. Turns out I was using a Garmin GPS USB cable and when I switched to the one supplied with the phone, it worked!

I just tried it with the other phone and this cable worked fine too. No reset required. Ugh!

The Garmin cable has a little cylinder on it at the mini-USB end. Maybe there is a chip in there or something and it interferes with the phone, who knows, but it's working for me now.