PC not recongnizing Hero

Last Updated:

1. manoosie

manoosie Member This Topic's Starter

I hook up my phone via usb and the pc does not recognize my phone. My phone does not do anything either. I downloaded htc sync and cannot get the two to talk, presumably because my phone and pc do not recongnize each other. I do not want to sync contacts or calendar, just move files between the two and set up tethering. What are my next steps? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. manoosie

manoosie Member This Topic's Starter

Tried installing pdanet, said no phone was connected. I am using the cable that came with my htc touch diamond (which always worked). Do I need a specific cable? What is the deal??

3. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

Use the cable that came with the Hero - it should work. Or buy another cable as your old cable may have developed a fault

4. Perihelion

Perihelion Well-Known Member

I had this same problem a while ago. First I had to uninstall and reinstall HTC sync. (on the latest version now). Next, I had to go back to my factory data cable, other ones gave me spotty performance. One try it worked, the next it failed. The cable that came with the phone works for me every time.

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Try using a different USB port on your computer. Try another computer. You need to do this so we can narrow down what the problem is.

6. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

Download and install the most recent sync software available from the HTC website switch your phone off plug the USB cable in another socket and switch the phone one whilst connected. After that you shouldn't need to go through the full process just plug and play.

7. simplysquare

simplysquare Well-Known Member

could it be that you need to mount the phone? if you plug it in then go to your notifications there should be a message regarding connecting to your pc? or is that too obvious and im missing something thats been said lol