PC program to edit contacts

Last Updated:

1. Symbiot

Symbiot New Member This Topic's Starter

hi

is there a program that will let me edit my contacts.

I imported a bunch of contacts from an old phone, and they look like crap..

like missing letters, some numbers added to the names ..

It would be ALOT easier to edit on a PC..

Advice?

Advertisement
  2. Eugene

Eugene Well-Known Member

Add a couple contacts into gmail filling out as many fields as you can. Then export from gmail into a csv file that you can open with any spreadsheet/database. Then import/copy and paste/whatever the rest into the spreadsheet with the data in the proper columns and such. usually other phones/software will let you export into a spreadsheet too so its usually a matter of copying and pasting whole columns into the right place.

3. shanen

shanen Member

I have the same question, but with the added complication of Japanese. The Japanese names have extra fields for pronunciation information and also a toggle to control the surname. Editing from the Gmail Contacts is only partly effective, so it would be good if there was a more comprehensive solutions, especially for HTC phones (like mine).

For what it is worth, I'm almost sure that HTC has not properly programmed the interface between their phone's list of contacts and the contacts in Gmail. One of the side effects is that each name seems to breed 4 times, probably reflecting a Gmail contact with surname first and last and an HTC phone contact with surname first and last. Lots of troublesome details if anyone is interested or has diagnostic suggestions...

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

How about editing on Outlook? Which you sync to Gmail then from there to your phone?

5. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Have a look at MyPhone Explorer.
    App as client on the phone and a host program on the PC. Booth are free.
    Connection phone to PC via USB cable or WiFi or Bluetooth.

Harry