• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PC STILL can't see my Froyo phone :(

neilrlsmith

Aug 2, 2010
My HD2 is running Froyo and for the last 48 hours my phone has inched ever closer to being recognised by my PC. The final breakthrough was when I downloaded (for the 3rd time) the SDK pack and pointed my 'LEO', from device manager, to the new driver. It installed and said device is now ready to use in the bubble in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

I have HTC Sync, but can't get that to see my phone (with debugging mode on and HTC Sync selected). If I open up 'Computer' on the screen I have 'Removebale drive H' that appears and disapears whenever I plug and unplug the USB. However when I double click on 'H' it says 'Please insert disk in to H'.

I am really not bothered about HTC sync but I do want to browse my phone and SD Card from my PC. I have selected Hard Drive from my phone and tried practically every combination but STILL cannot browse my phone.

At least the drivers are in place now (I think).

Any ideas please?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones