1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

pc to text sms app

Last Updated:

1. boatman

boatman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

searched but not found...

I would like to send text messages from my pc to phones. Is there an app that does this, and will it cost the user to receive the text? I have seen apps that go the other way, and the new sms2pc which does this. But I want to be able to sit on my pc and send a sms message to a phone. thanks.

Advertisement
  2. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

how about google voice?

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Well if you want to send texts from a pc, you wouldnt need an app for your phone, you would need a program for your computer.

Im not aware of any programs, but there are certainly tons of websites you can do that from. I know for a fact that verizon and sprint let you send texts from their websites.

4. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I use Google Voice for this prettymuch every day. This is what you're looking for. Trust me.

5. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

I text to phones from my AIM.

Instead of entering their screen name, enter their cell number using +1xxxyyyzzzz format. Then alias the entry as george's cell and you can start texting to it. You can text from AIM Express instead of installing AIM software.

I do it all the time.

Caveat is that if the recipient is using a GV number for their texts, it won't work because GV doesn't support texts coming from email gateways.

6. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

SMS2PC does what you're asking, unless I'm missing something? I use it at home, works well.

7. aquaitious

aquaitious Well-Known Member

There are a few things.

1) Google Voice. You get your own new number, text from PC and/or Phone as you please.

2) Gmail. You use your gmail to message people from the chat function. They can reply to your Google Talk/Gmail chat

3) TalkMyPhone. An app you install on your phone and enable to text people from gmail using your own phone number (not google voice, not some Internet gateway)