PC troublesSupport

Last Updated:

1. BigDaddy2k9

BigDaddy2k9 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After a month of owning my moment I finally got around to buying a usb cord to move some pics and music around between my laptop and cell. I saw on here about PDAnet and wanted to use that. I downloaded and went to install and it brought up the box that if I was going to use it with a moment I needed to cancel and install the driver, I d/l the driver and tryed to install and it gets an error unable to intall driver. I went to the control panel and it shows 5 different usb drivers for samsung as installed, I tryed to uninstall and none of them uninstall. PDAnet wont connect and im getting a little frustrated. any advise?

Advertisement
  2. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Well-Known Member

Didn't it come with a cable? PDANet is for tethering (using the phone's internet connection on a computer it's connected to). If all you want to do is move files back and forth the cable should be sufficient. Install PCStudio from Samsung to get the drivers, but don't expect PCStudio to be of any value past installing drivers. It doesn't really do anything with the Moment. Then plug the phone into the computer, let the new hardware wizard do its thing. Then pull down the notification bar, select USB and then Mount.

3. BigDaddy2k9

After installing PC Studio it still wont sync, when I plug in the phone it doesnt do anything, the phone shows its connected and charging but thats it

4. kevinrs

kevinrs Well-Known Member

You should have a notification on the phone(usb symbol in the top bar), that you can select to mount the phone, and the SD card comes up as a hard drive.

press the top bar, then drag it down to see the notifications, and press usb connected

mine wasn't showing the notification and:

I turned the phone off, and back on(hold end button untill menu comes up, select power off, after off, turn it back on), and now it's there

5. AlkiDweller

No USB icon in the notification bar? Try shutting the phone off and restarting with the cable plugged in.

6. BigDaddy2k9

I dont get any icon on the phone, just the charging icon, I have usb debugging on
    Tryed restarting phone and pc, tryed turning off phone plugging in usb and then restarting...nothing

7. maui_babiee

maui_babiee Member

Bigdaddy i know how you feel im having the same fricken problem & i know how frustrating it is.
    I haven't been able to find a solution.
    hopefully you'll have more luck.
    however if i do come across something i'll let you know.

8. thepinkc

thepinkc Well-Known Member

Turn USB Debugging off and restart the phone. See if the computer recognizes it then.

9. AlkiDweller

You might read the tethering thread or look in the rooting forum. I seem to recall several people having the same problem.