PC Won't Detect EVO after 2.2 upgradeSupport

1. dustymonkey83

dustymonkey83 Member

Yet another problem I'm having after upgrade...

I plugged my EVO into my PC via USB to transfer videos and the PC won't detect it. I have it set as "Disk Drive" by default but it won't do anything...just starts charging. I even selected "ask everytime I connect" and it still won't do anything.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement
    chicomostoc likes this.
  2. par4bri

par4bri New Member

Try re-installing the most recent version of HTC sync on your PC. I have had to do this several times and nobody at HTC or Sprint can tell me why.
  3. jakesquash

jakesquash New Member

same problem, re-installed HTC sync, and still the PC does not recognize the phone. Can't sync outlook contacts and calendar. anyone have a fix for this?
    chicomostoc likes this.
  4. ceabbott2

ceabbott2 Well-Known Member

Dang

I am having the same problem sort of. The HTC Sync will sync with outlook but it will not recognize the Evo as a disk drive.:confused:
  5. Airon22

Airon22 New Member

I plugged the usb cord into my phone then into my pc. It doesnt even bring up the detection screen like it use too when I first got the phone. So if any one can tell my why its doing this it would be great. Im running windows 7 and android 2.2
    chicomostoc likes this.
  6. blakethomas

blakethomas Member

Don't know if this is something you've tried, but I found that on my PC if I use a third party USB cable, I get an error message saying I don't have the proper drivers installed, but if I use the USB cable that came with the Evo, it works. Might be worth a shot.
    chicomostoc likes this.
  7. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

noticed this too
  8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Also make sure you haven't killed the PC Synchronization process on the phone.

This has nothing to do with HTC Sync - it provides the usb detection and is in charge of giving that prompt dialog to connect as Charge only, Disk drive, etc.
    chicomostoc and NewAndroidUser like this.
  9. Capsaicinburn

Capsaicinburn New Member

How does one know if they killed the PC Sync Process? "Background data" and "Auto-sync" are both checked in settings.
  10. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Check running services ...or uninstall all task killers and start up monitors...reboot phone and pc ...try again.
    chicomostoc likes this.
  11. Capsaicinburn

Capsaicinburn New Member

Thanks Mr. Ed. My problem is now solved.
    chicomostoc and Mr. Ed like this.