• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PC wont recognize g2x when connected?

louf

Lurker
May 1, 2011
Well for some reason when I connect my g2x to my laptop it doesnt get recognized anymore by my pc anymore ... it starts charging the phone but takes a few seconds till that kicks in ... before both things would happen instantly .. what gives... i reinstalled the driver for the phone but nothing happened after I did that ... what can I do with this ???

Check the usb cable and also go into settings>applications>development and make sure usb debugging is on. I dont know if that actually matters but I always keep it on. The main thing is maybee for some reason the usb cable wont transmit data anymore but it will still charge. I have had that happen to me before with other devices. That is easy enough to test. I know that some wires are only ment to be used for charging and wont transmit data.

Charlie

Upvote 0
Well for some reason when I connect my g2x to my laptop it doesnt get recognized anymore by my pc anymore ... it starts charging the phone but takes a few seconds till that kicks in ... before both things would happen instantly .. what gives... i reinstalled the driver for the phone but nothing happened after I did that ... what can I do with this ???

Probably just need the drivers for the phone! :)

Check out this guide: T-Mobile G2x USB Driver - LG Cell Phones Blog

Upvote 0
He said that he already has the drivers installed it sounds like it was working and it stopped working. That is what made me think that the usb wire somehow broke but I was reading the link you posted and it looks like there is an updated version of the drivers so maybe he needs to update.
If you check out the post “connecting to my pc” in this forum I think it is on page 2. I put step by step instructions for installing the drivers through the lg website with the lg support tool. Once you have the support tool it should keep your drivers up to date. If not automatically then it is at least easier to check for the updates anyway. So if you haven’t already done that I would do that. But I still think you should try a different USB cable first just to see if that is the problem.

Charlie

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones