PC_Synchronisation force close

Last Updated:

1. ethansmum1

ethansmum1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Has anyone else been unable to sync your Hero due to a force close of the pc_synchronisation?
    My PC finds my phone without a problem, HTC Sync runs fine on my PC, the sync runs for about 10-15% until the pc_synchronisation force close pops up on my hero and the sync fails on my PC with the error mobile connection time out :confused:
    I can find a lot of queries/answers about HTC Sync problems on PCs but I can't find anyone having the problem from the Hero side of the sync.
    I'm running Windows Vista, have restarted PC and/or phone so many times and done a factory reset on the phone (which was a real pain and not something I fancy doing again!!)
    Any help much appreciated :):):) as the only thing I'm left with is that the sync software is faulty in the HTC and I'm facing sending the phone away or getting a new one - neither of which appeals :(

Thank you :D

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

I've not used HTC Sync under Vista, but I've never encountered this problem on XP SP3 and (now) Win7 x64.

A couple of things spring to mind:

Are you using any task manager/killer apps that have an autokill function that could be interfering with the pc_synchronisation process?

Do you have USB debugging enabled in Settings-Applications-Development?

3. ethansmum1

ethansmum1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you for your help :)

I took down the PC firewall and uninstalled taskiller and managed to untick the debugging... I didn't get the force close (hurray!) but sync failed as the debugging tick automatically filled again when the connection was made with my PC.
    If I untick the box, the PC won't pick up the phone, if the box is ticked the sync won't work and it auto fills when the phone is found.

I'll have a play with all these settings now that I've stopped the force close... many thanks for getting me this far :D

4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

I should have been clearer, sorry. USB debugging must be enabled for sync to function.

It sounds as if the firewall was blocking something if the fc issue has gone away. When you connect the handset, check Device Manager to ensure that there's a correctly-installed device under Android USB Devices.