• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pda Net w/macbook via bluetooth?

Jul 5, 2010
Hey can anyone help me out with this?

I've tried to google it and haven't come up with anything.

i've been using pdanet to tether via usb to my macbook, macbooks usbs are horrible and i keep getting booted off every few minutes(this never happened via iPhone tether), i just turned on stay awake when hooked up to charger so hopefully that fixes the situation.

but i'd like to be able to use bluetooth to hook up to the internet so i dont have to constantly hook in my usb and deal with SD card mounting and unmounting(I know i can simply leave it on charge only) but also the whole finding the usb cable, gets to be a pain in the ass...and i'm worried about consistently plugging and unplugging the usb cable in and out, i dont want the jacks to go, like the sync jacket went with my iphone 3g...

I really am hating mac more everyday with how many problems i'm having and how little "advanced" options there are for me to play with and figure out really what's going on. I've had an insane amounts of USB problems when hooking up an older midi keyboard a while back, to have to dload SDKs to make it work.

-----
ok but this is the problem i'm running into. i'm able to get it to pair and not to connect, i get to the part of "configuring services" for "Access the internet via bluetooth, and it doesn't get past that point. i tried checking every setting. anyone have the similar problem/ know of a fix?:)

btw using Evo w/ 2.2

i really want a good root 4 2.2 so i can just use the wifi hot spot...:/

but now i gotta make due...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones