pdair Aluminum CaseAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Culverin

Culverin Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, After hunting for a new case for my Cappy, I managed to find this:
    PDair Aluminum Metal Case for AT&T Samsung Captivate Galaxy S SGH-i897 - Open Screen Design (Silver) by PDair 11001014

Although not quite as epic as these....

Google Translate
    and
    YouTube - Element CASE Vapor for iPhone 4 First Look

Aluminum + Neoprene cushioning sounds like a winner to me.
    It looks like the one for the Captivate is available, but no pictures yet. All their cases look the same anyways so I'm not too worried about that ( PDair Aluminum Metal Case for Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 - Open Screen Design (Silver) by PDair 11000993
    ).

I'm just wondering if anybody has got it ordered?
    Or if anybody has any experience with PDAir cases?

thanks!!!

Advertisement
  2. getDange

getDange Well-Known Member

I think Captivate is a hair wider than the standard SGS, may not fit inside this case.
    Who ever disagrees with me, go to a T-Mo store, and compare your Captivate to the SGS side by side.

3. MeVirtually

MeVirtually Active Member

The pictures for the SGS look pretty cool, I'm excited to see pics for the Captivate. Has anyone tried this style case on their other phones? I'm interested in how an aluminum housing might effect the various radio signals to/from the phone.

4. Culverin

Culverin Active Member This Topic's Starter

No, no.

They've got a custom Captivate case, I just posted up the SGS picture as an example cause they don't have their Captivate Case's picture up yet.

If you flip through their site, all the aluminum cases seem to share to same features, so I think it's safe to say they're not getting too many complaints about them. All seem to be available in that matte aluminum and powder coated black.

If anybody's willing to guinea pig, please post here for the rest of us.

I think this is the only metal or Aluminum case on the market.

5. EvilPlots

EvilPlots Active Member

I kinda wanna buy this but how does it fasten onto the phone? It looks like a snap on.

6. jeeper

jeeper New Member

stay away from PDAir case. I have mine for Galaxy S, the locking is good for a few day and now sometime it just open without notice. I have my phone drops several times already. Bad design

My brother also has a leather case v.2 from PDAir for his iphone. Bad design also, the cover does not hold on place and keep flipping when he walk. So it does look like his phone keep talking to him all the time :D

Culverin likes this.
  7. robhs

robhs Well-Known Member

I had a case like that for my old Tilt. The case came open when I was walking through a parking lot and I didn't know it. I later found my phone, or what was left of it. It was crushed by a car that drove through the lot.

I emailed the people that sold it to me (pocket solutions) and told them what happened. They said "Sorry".

That was a VERY expensive lesson, never again.

8. askpcguy

askpcguy Well-Known Member

Glad I read this thread. Looks like I'm stuck between Otterbox (Defender series) or the Innocase Active X which in appearance looks better than the Otterbox.