PDANet and E-mail.

Last Updated:

1. midwest

midwest Member This Topic's Starter

Hello All,

I have a Hero HTC phone. I must say that I have avoided these internet types phones for years, but I was finally forced to upgrade. It was overwhelming at first, but I think I am really starting to see the potential of this Android Phone. :D

PDAnet question. Ok. I have it installed and it is running. As a matter of fact, I am on the NET with it now. However I am having a slight problem that I always seem to have when on the road with my laptop. I can download my e-mail (outlook) but I can't send anything. I get this error:

554 Domain Relaying denied

I know this "problem" isn't actually my app, but the user. Again, I have these issues when in hotels as well.

So...does anyone have any advice on what my options are and the good and bad that goes with these options?

Regards,
    Midwest

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Is this happening to every email or just certain ones?

3. midwest

I believe all of them. This has been an issue when I am on any non-home wireless network.

4. Snarky30

Snarky30 Member

Are you using the free or the paid version of PDAnet? Because the free one blocks https:// websites and this may be affecting your wi-fi use outside your home network... just a guess

5. socos

socos Member

Most likely the email account in question is expecting you to be on the same domain as them. Since you're going through PDANet, you're really going through your wireless provider's internet connection and not your home connection. This usually happens when you're using the email account provided by your Internet provider.

There is really no easy way around this (if you are dead set on using Outlook) as I believe it to be more of an anti-spam feature of your internet provider. In the old days when email relaying was allowed, you could send anonymous emails using any outgoing SMTP server out there! (NOT a good idea nowadays) If your provider has a webmail interface that may be the only easy way to go if you wanted to respond using that particular email address.

6. midwest

Well damn! That sounds like that is what it will have to be.