• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PdaNet+ - Cant view most sites

LG Motion 4G
Software version MS77010E
Not rooted
MetroPCS, no hotspot plan

Installed PdaNet+ on phone (paid version)
Installed PdaNet Desktop on PC
Firefox browser with user agent switcher 0.7.3 - UA: Googlebot 2.1

I thinks thats all the info.

Did a search, and just got more confused.

Everything appears to be communicating fine, except the only page i can view is facebook. All other sites just seem to be loading forever, and never really load at all.

Note, I'm not wanting to root the phone. Is there any way to get this working without getting the hotspot plan? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, J

right click the pdanet icon in your tray. go to settings.. click Hide Tether Usage. try level one first see how that does

Tried Level 1, didnt work. Didnt try level 2 because it says "not recommended".
Plus I read that hiding tether usage will block some sites that use flash.

Forgot to add in my original post, that i'm having this problem with wifi, and usb tether.

UPDATE: Setting it at level 2 seems to have fixed it, but now i'm seeing most sites as a mobile site, is this normal?

Thanks rhino, even if i'm stuck with mobile view, this is way better than what i had

Upvote 0
Didn't firmware E cripple USB tethering?

That is very likely the issue here cause I'm still on firmware D & I'm not having any issues tethering or using hot spot at this point, however I use the feature as little as possible as to not exceed any data caps & raise a red flag...I mainly use when I'm on the road & away from a Starbucks or something & need to access something for school. If you updated to the latest firmware, follow the tutorial in here & try going back to D if you can.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones