1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

PDAnet drops when I text??

Last Updated:

1. natevines

natevines Member This Topic's Starter

Just started happening last week. I have everything up to date. Whenever I text, on my pc the app pops up and says "reconnect failed". If I click 'connect', it says to enable USB tether on the phone, which IS enabled. Whenever this happens, I need to go to the phone, turn off PDAnet and then turn it back on. Everytime. So frustrating.

Anyone else have this problem? Using it on an LG ally btw

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

That will happen. Texting still uses the phone radio, and the phone radio cannot be used at the same time as the 3g radio.

3. Gritwater

Gritwater Banned

z4root
    wireless tether

problem solved.

Easytether would do the same thing for me when I used it. now, I can text away and still surf, no issues.

4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Not true. With 3G you can text and even make phonecalls while browsing the Internet and there should be no disruptions. It may slow down, but does not have to drop. In this case I suspect it would be EasyTether's fault.

5. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Only with GSM, not cdma.

No. With cdma, you cannot make phone calls while browsing the web, it interrupts one or the other.

6. Jnewmnan83

Jnewmnan83 Active Member

Ya, thus begs the question...Verizon, AT&T, T Mobile, or Sprint, because if its the first or last then you'll lose capabilities when you receive texts or calls

7. natevines

natevines Member This Topic's Starter

It's Verizon, but it's strange that you guys say that. I've been tethering for 4 months now and NEVER until recently had txts cause my connection to drop. Phone calls, yes, always...but not texts.