pdanet error on the incredibleSupport

Last Updated:

1. mike146

mike146 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Abnormal disconnect (error=31)! This error indicates a problem coming from the USB driver or USB connection. It does not happen to most users but we have seen it reported from users with the Samsung moment or G1. We will try to see if it is something we can work around in future updates.

Anyone else get this error using the incredible?

I was using a hp laptop with win7 64bit. pdanet 2.4.2 64bit installer and on the phone.

Thanks.

I tried a reinstall 3 times with no luck.

Advertisement
  2. mike146

mike146 Active Member This Topic's Starter

no one else is getting this problem? That stinks for me...hoping others had it and worked around it. Oh well.

3. anubisni

anubisni New Member

I am getting this same error, several times per hour :( with an HTC EVO and Windows XP. I am going to try a different USB port on my laptop to see if the problem goes away...

4. clab

clab New Member

Same problem here, etc evo, XP and pdanet. My wife had the Htc Hero and works great in the same computer. Does anyone here had the solution. Please let me know, this is horrible, disconet every 3 min.

5. anubisni

anubisni New Member

I have put in a support ticket with Junefabrics.com and also sent them e-mail inquiry, still no responses.

Check out this competing product called EasyTether:
    Google Android Tethering Solution

Maybe it will work better for the Evo? I am awaiting my activation code to try it out.

6. anubisni

anubisni New Member

Update, I am having the same issue with EasyTether. Within a few minutes of connecting I get a "connection dropped" error message. Then I will have to unplug the USB cable and plug it back in to connect again.

I'm starting to think that the HTC supplied USB cable is the issue here...anyone try a different USB cable?

7. anubisni

anubisni New Member

Yep it was the cable. I swapped the USB cable with the one that came with my wife's Evo and it's been connected solid for a couple hours now!

8. clab

clab New Member

Guys my problem was difference. I forgot to put pdanet in the ignore list of my app killer. My app killers was set up to kill all the app in 3 minutes, so every 3 minutes my connection was killed. Sorry!!

9. jks258

jks258 New Member

Hi guys,

I too struggled with this problem (constant disconnect with error 31), and tried a number of things. What finally worked, but I'm not sure which piece, was to uninstall PDANet on my desktop, search for and delete the PDANet folder. Reinstall the PDANet software. [Here's where I diagnostically choked, introducing another variable before the first one was fully tested, but, I was in such a hurry, I blew through it, sorry I don't have a definitive answer, but at least one of them works!].

Before I tried to connect the Droid, I went to the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon on the taskbar, right-clicked and found BOTH an "Android ADB Interface" device, and a "Motorola A855 USB Device." I clicked on each one and choose STOP. Then connected the MotoDroid and viola'! it worked like a champ, and hasn't dropped once.

Hope that helps some of you. Peace, Jay...