pdanet help!General

Last Updated:

1. xketchupx

xketchupx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone help me out..ive been wanting to throw my phone like that. Other guy..lol..anyways...my phone and pdanet connect online and to my pc..but wen i open my browser it wont connect to my connection...it shows 2.4mbs etc and i kno this seems like a silly question but ive looked jst about everywhere..any help would be outatanding!:)

Advertisement
  2. BoBiGi

BoBiGi Well-Known Member

I had the same problem. Try changing to a different USB cord. I tried three before I got a solid connection. Hope this helps!

3. xketchupx

Well its not the connection..ive used pdanet before.. connects as the pdanet modem and everything..jst that wen i open ie it says page cannot be displayed etc...

4. BoBiGi

BoBiGi Well-Known Member

Sorry, no help here :( That was exactly what was happening to me this morning, I was seriously thinking of throwing phone, laptop and all out the window. I've been using pdanet as well, for a few months, first time this happened... Don't know what made think of USB cord/connecting......but it worked for me. Hope someone has a better suggestion, I understand your frustration!

5. xketchupx

Thanks tho...ive tried every other tether option and im jst frusterated..especially wen it said connected it got my hopes up...thanks tho..

6. p2ii

p2ii Member

Do you have the pc nic card connected to a port on a router? If so , try unplugging it.

7. xketchupx

Nah uh.my set up is as easy as it comes... jst xp and my usb cable....ie jst wont connect..any ideas?

8. smacky

smacky Banned

You've even tried Wireless Tether?

9. xketchupx

I dont have access to wireless tethering right now...hence wired..

10. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

click on FILE in IE and make sure offline mode isnt checked

11. xketchupx

I had..and then it says connect..and wont connect itself...

12. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

have you tried a different browser? probably something in your IE settings.... make sure DUN is disabled etc

13. xketchupx

well idk how i did it, before it wasnt even working on firefox, but now it is and not on ie, lol, thanks guys, i guess dumb luck really works, yay, and actual keyboard, oh how ive missed u.. :):):)

14. xketchupx

lmao, and of course with my luck, now it messes up everytime i even get a txt, wether i reply or not, lol, so now im using easytether lite, its hella slow, but imma try to fix proxoid, lol

15. gospodinwizard

gospodinwizard Well-Known Member

PDANet requires you to have both the app installed on your phone and their software on your PC. Their PC software is basically a modem driver that allows you to connect to the internet via your phone. Also, PDANet has both a free and a paid version. The difference is that the free version won't let you connect to secure site (e.g. your bank's website for online banking). The paid version will let you do this but imo the cost is absurd especially since if you root your phone you cant free apps that will do the same thing and can, in fact, turn your phone into a wireless hotspot.