PDANET on two phones one pc

Last Updated:

1. jj15

jj15 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello i would like to know if any one could tell me how to set up pdanet on two phones. I have tried and cannot get it to work. My wife and i have epics and she needs to be able to connect with hers when i am not their. Could someone please give me some info on this.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

You cant do both at the same time, but having one or the other shouldnt be a problem. Does it work on one and not another?

3. jasperwill

jasperwill Well-Known Member

if you have them rooted i would suggest using wifi-tether instead of pda-net.
    then you dont have to have the extra software installed on your laptop and if you need to you can use multiple devices on your phones internet connection at the same time.
    maybe use the usb port of the laptop to keep the phone charged while your doing it anyway.

i havent used an epic before so i cant say for sure that this will work but here is a short article about using wifi tether on the epic.

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to-wireless-tether-sprint-samsung-epic-4g/

4. jj15

That is what i was trying to do is use set up both phones but only use one or the other. I installed it with my phone then unplugged my phone and tried hers and it would not pick it up.

5. sitlet

sitlet Banned

What do you mean it won't "pick it up"? You need to explain yourself more if you want help. So does it work correctly on your phone? But not your wife's phone? Are you sure you installed the correct apps on both phones?

6. jj15

PDANET would not reconize her phone, it has same app as mine.

7. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Come on guy, I said BE MORE SPECIFIC. You answered none of my questions. Give me more details or I cant help you.

Does it work on your phone or not? Do you have the same app installed on both phones from the market? Is the program running on the pc and running on the phones? Do you have USB Debugging enabled like the program tells you to do?