PDAnet or Easy Tether with an Ipad?

Last Updated:

1. Stepintothedark

Stepintothedark Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I seem to be having issues getting my ipad to connect to my EVO, and under the description of both, they don't really mention being able to work with anything mac/apple related...

is there anything that will work, without rooting my phone?

I don't really use it often enough to justify paying 30 bucks a month for the service through sprint...

Advertisement
  2. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

No unfortunately the iPad does not allow tethering via Bluetooth and there is no USB connection, which you know, so short of rooting and installing WiFi Tether or paying for the Hotspot there isn't much you can do. I currently use my iPad with the Sprint Hotspot (my work pays for it) and it works brilliantly. Considering the price is the same as the data plan for the 3G iPad it is a wash

3. One Beast

One Beast Well-Known Member

+1 :rolleyes:

4. hodedofome

hodedofome Well-Known Member

Unrevoked3 is pretty dang easy to install/run. It only takes a few minutes and you'll have root access to download the wifi tether. Paying $30/month for data you're already paying for is ridiculous.

5. Spurs_Fan

Spurs_Fan New Member

While the IPAD doesn't have a built in USB connection, the Camera connection kit, is in effect a USB recepticle. It plugs into the IPAD and then u can use the Camera's USB cable to direct transfer photos. Though not really marketed as such, the dongle does provide a standard usb connection that supports keyboards, USB headsets etc. So it stands to reason that your 'droid could connect to it with its usb cable... Just a thought:rolleyes:

6. IgnatiusTheKing

IgnatiusTheKing Well-Known Member

7. dicklb

dicklb New Member

I have thought about using the camera connection also. Have you tried this yet?

Also, were you able to root with 2.3.3?

8. Venomhatch

Venomhatch New Member

Not True, I did it with my nexus and Razr!

9. mkramer

mkramer New Member

I also was able to use bluetooth to tether my ipad to my razr, much to my delight.

10. ayannakcross

ayannakcross New Member

I was able to connect wirelessly via pda net. once you install pda net, there is a link to connect wirelessly, click on that and it will take you to an app called FoxFi. once that is installed, it will make your phone a wireless hotspot and you can secure it with a password. I connected my ipad to that and viola!!! especially with the double data plans with vzw....Im running 4g on my ipad, when i am not in a Wifi area.

11. crepers86

crepers86 Well-Known Member

I actually just purchased an ipad 2 (against everything I hate about the ipad, I got it because of vitalsource book shelf which is only available right now for iOS and even though soon to be out on android, I wanted somthing that makes my text books easier to read then on my laptop and bigger then my phone when doing it through my schools website, but needed it when offline as well, and for that I would have to wait a few months to get it on an android tablet) but anyways I purchased and ipad 2 off amazon used but still in box and with the wraping still on it. so I will try this out with Motorola triumph when I get it, I also that connect kit because I need more storage then 16 gigs, I over fill my 32 gig all the time with my phone. so anywho I will let yall know... K...