• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PDAnet or ProxoID???

Fryguy88

Mar 2, 2010
Arizona
Okay. Heres the deal. My brother gave me an old iBook G4 running Mac OS X 10.4.11 (133 MHz/512 MB). I would like to connect it using my Eris as a modem. Because my ibook is older I have downloaded ProxoID and I am trying to get it up and running. The online instructions I have found are either too difficult to understand or I am still trying to get used to using a Mac (coming from Windows). I have downloaded all the necessary programs and installed on both the iBook and Eris. I also followed these instructions:
installationMaxOS - proxoid - Configure MacOS to use Proxoid - Project Hosting on Google Code

I am stuck at this part: 3.a new blank one will open then type "export PATH=${PATH}:/android/tools"
Does anyone have easier instructions or should I just use PDAnet? Is PDAnet easier to install and use AND will it work for 10.4.11 on my ibook? Thanks for the help.

Comment by g1.pratik, Jun 13, 2009
i got a hell lot of inquiry so i am posting step by step instructions over here still if you have any problem then email me.

hi,

i have htc g1, cupcake 1.5 OTA by tmobile and macbook with osx 10.5

1.download the latest sdk for android for mac and download it. extract it and put it in your macintosh hard disk home folder and your user name folder (macinotosh > user > "current user"). extract them at both places and rename it folder name "android"

2.open up terminal (shift+command+U this would bring utilities and open up terminal) terminal would open and it would show your home user, now you have to create a bash file. type: nano .bash_profile

3.a new blank one will open then type "export PATH=${PATH}:/android/tools"

4.then logout or restart and then login back again

5.now connect your android phone to macbook

6.open up terminal again and type : "cd android" and then cd tools" and now you will be in tools folder now type :"adb forward tcp:8080 tcp:8080"

7.now save the file.

8.start proxoid application on your phone

9.open up firefox(i have this) and go to preferences > advance > network > settings >

10.select manual proxy confirguration and put http proxy: "localhost" and port as "8080". now save the setting.

11. this is it, now you are done, if still you have problem email me.

Thank you Pratik Lalwani

Scroll down on that page. That's where this is. This makes it a little bit easier. Before even doing this, make sure you go to

Home > Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > Enable USB Debugging

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones