1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

PDAnet or WiFi Tether?

Last Updated:

1. soda

soda Active Member This Topic's Starter

Pretty sure WiFi Tether is faster, but just want some ohter views/opinions/first hand experience.

WiFi tether vs. PDAnet

Or if you know another alternative, throw it out there.

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Just a Quick Note to User's who may not know ....

WiFi tether requires your phone to be Rooted while PDAnet does not :)

Sorry OP , But I have only used PDAnet as I'm not rooted so I can't tell you which one i think is faster. But what I can say is I found PDAnet to be Efficient , reliable and easy to use.

Carl C

3. soda

soda Active Member This Topic's Starter

no problem :) by the way, roughly the same speed test results. This is the faster of them all, using PDAnet. Slightly faster when looking at numbers. not as much as i thought. But it seems like pretty solid evidence.

[​IMG]

4. Tygerrr

Tygerrr Member

Anyone have experience with PDANet/Droid and Verizon? Do they tag on an additional data fee? I wasn't prompted to accept anything...

5. DaddyJosh

DaddyJosh Member

I have the Droid Eris for Verizon and I use PDAnet as my main sorce of internet access since I can't afford internet service from a normal ISP. Its not lightning fast, but it works well enough. It probably violates Verizon's TOS (don't quote me), but for modest web browsing they can't really catch you. I wouldn't recommend alot of youtube use on this, nor many file d/l's... once in awile is ok.

6. dancedreamfly

dancedreamfly Well-Known Member

I prefer to use Wi-Fi tether for root because it allows you to create a network, similar to being a router. PDANet on the other hand requires your client PC to have their Desktop application installed.