PDF File

Last Updated:

1. NotYingYang

NotYingYang Active Member

Hi! I seem to be having trouble opening .pdf files on my HTC Desire (Android version 2.2). I download the file from my Yahoo mail and I get the message: "the document cannot be opened because it is not a valid .pdf file." I've been able to download and open/read files successfully in the past. I updated my Adobe reader app to see if it would solve the problem. It did not.

It was a Word document (from a mac, Microsoft Office 2004) that I saved as a .pdf file. I emailed the file to myself. PLEASE HELP!! I can't seem to find answers. Thanks so much for any input/help.

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Can you read the .pdf file directly (not View Attachment) in the mail download folder with your Adpbe reader?
    If not, copy the downloaded file to your Mac for a reading test. Maybe the file is corrupted.

Harry
  3. nvrfgt343

nvrfgt343 Well-Known Member

Somewhat related question...How can I get a PDF (whether downloaded through the browser or received as an attachment) to automatically open in Reader?
  4. NotYingYang

NotYingYang Active Member

It may have been the file. I copied and pasted the text into a new word document and saved it as a .pdf and it worked. Would you say it was a corrupted file? Thanks!
  5. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Yes, I think so.

Harry